NOW open on the ground floor of our shopping centre, the Horizon Wellbeing Hub has been set up to provide a drop-in service for the local community. This first-of-a-kind service has been launched by Horizon Leisure Centre in partnership with Havant Borough Council.
If you want to become more active but don’t know where to start, or if you feel daunted by the prospect of going to a leisure centre or joining a gym, popping into the Hub is a great place to start!
The Horizon Wellbeing Hub also offers three core services:
- Health checks to help identify potential concerns so that action can be taken and specific advice and guidance given;
- Small group exercise classes to enable people to increase their physical activity;
- The Foundations Program – an eight-week course specifically aimed to build confidence and self-esteem for those who find leisure centres a daunting space and to help make the first steps into physical activity a little easier.
- Free health check
– BP, Peak flow, height & weight & hip to waist ratio
- Full health check: £15.00
– BP, Peak Flow, Height & Weight, Blood Glucose & Cholesterol test & hip to waist ratio
£4.00 per session
- Max of 10 people per session
- Types of classes to be confirmed shortly.
Foundation Programme: £25.00
- 8 week programme
- Introduction to exercise
- 4 weeks at the hub and then 4 weeks at Horizon Gym
- If they come to all 8 sessions, they will get 1 month free gym membership
- After that there is the option to take up a gym membership